Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Introduction

With the plethora of blogs already out there on one subject or another, it would almost seem that one who adds to that mess owes an explanation, if not an apology. Of course, living in a nation that has free speech written into the Constitution, that isn't the case.

The simple fact is that we all have our own thoughts and ideas of how things should be, and if we let any one person do all our talking for us, it is weakness and/or cowardice. It is human nature to flock with others, like-minded, but foolish to give absolute loyalty to a person or group or political party in this, rather than to an ideal. The current mess we have in American politics, I feel, is largely due to party loyalties rather than loyalties to the ideals this nation was built around.

I have no delusions about what I am. I chose the title of this blog, "Just Another Hack With a Blog," because I know that this is exactly what most people will think when they see yet another blog preaching about politics and the like. I am not a news breaker, I am not a famous pundit, or even an anonymous insider. Just someone who made a blog to try and clarify this mess we have in America. Kinda like Rush "lame-brain" Limbaugh, but with less of a following.

I'll say it right now that my own politics tend to lean toward the left, but with a Libertarian streak. I am registered Independent, always have been, and probably always will be. I encourage debate, and if you find things I say to be outlandish, feel free to fact-check. I don't pretend to be a god. At the same time though, don't expect that you'll convert me to your views. If you do so, you'll probably think I'm rather stubborn. I notice that the word "stubborn" is frequently used to describe those who don't instantly convert to the view of another, more stubborn than who they're using that word to describe. I also am not quick to buy into conspiracy theories, as I feel that they are dangerous.

Anyway, stick around, and let's have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment