Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Another Massacre

I will say that life gets very frustrating from time to time. It sometimes feels as though I'm standing on a mountain, futilely screaming at the top of my lungs. No one hears me. No one cares. They don't want to listen to what I say... I know a few too many truths that people aren't ready for. I know things that make people look bad.

No, I'm not going on an ego trip.

The attack by Adam Lanza has saturated every bit of news in every way. Some are scared. What's stopping this from happening to their kids? Others cry for the cameras... it's a photo-op. They use it to push their agendas, and to shout anyone down to cowering shame who tries to stop their agendas.

When Columbine happened, my high school banned wearing too much black. I suppose they somehow figured that it would prevent another such attack. It was easier than actually addressing any of the real problems, though.

There are always scapegoats... and make no mistake, blaming guns is no different than blaming music or entertainment, video games, lack of religion, lack of beating the crap out of kids. It's all the same.

If you actually give a rat's ass about preventing such incidents in the future... forget the damned scapegoats. Forget trying to appease the opportunists - they don't fucking deserve it.

Instead, look closer to the attacker. What would motivate someone to do this? Was he abused? If so, I doubt we'll ever hear about it... while I do support single moms, I also know from personal experience that there are some who get a lot more praise than they deserve. Was he bullied? Good chance of it. Again though, nobody is likely to come forward with such info. Anyone try to reach out to him? Of course, a lot of people will say they did. And who the hell neglected to pay attention to his cries for help beforehand?

Oh, what's that? People say there weren't any cries for help? Seems to me that he was rather twitchy and isolated. Are those not cries for help? How did those around him respond to him? Gossiping, calling him creepy? Circulating some rumors? You know, I recall those who knew him saying they weren't really surprised. Did they stand and gawk? Do you really think that someone goes on a suicidal rampage without making a few cries for help first?

None of that justifies what he did. Were I there, I would have put him down myself. What I'm pointing out is what the opportunists are ignoring. No, no... nothing to see here. Just keep focused on those scary guns. Don't pay any attention to the man behind the guns. He's such a great guy to give the anti-gun opportunists so much fuel, isn't he? I wonder if they are thanking god for him and the dead children much like Westboro thanks god for dead soldiers.

Who the hell am I to call out society like this? I'm one of those bullying and abuse victims. A son of a single mother who would hit me, insult me, demean me, and try to turn friends against me. One who would turn on the waterworks to sob about how she tried so hard with me, but the devil reached me through my music and the like. One who threw me under the bus to save face. One who made everyone think I was a lying brat. One who isolated me. One who made me an easy target for a molester.

I am not homicidal or anywhere near it... but I am one who slipped through the cracks and saw the grimy underside of society. That's who I am. That's why I can speak with some knowledge as to why these events happen. But again, few actually want to know. Not many people want to look inside themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment